About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Monday, November 15, 2010

It's The Bomb ( 7 Times) That Will Keep Us Together

On Thursday we had band practice and it went extremely well. I am very excited for the show. On Friday I had class. As I was leaving campus I almost hit some girl w/ my car at the crosswalk. My bad. She seemed upset that I almost hit her. I wonder why? In my defense, she walked right in front of me. I got home and took a nap. I don't know about my gray hoodie. I think it may be too big. I'm really weird w/ clothes. It has to look just right. People are telling me I look good in it though. I should believe them. Our dryer hasn't been working in a while and to save money we've been air drying the clothes after we wash them, but the clothes are always stiff and the jeans are always wrinkled because my house is freezing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I worked 5:30 to close w/ Nikki and Hannah. Nikki told us that a nuclear bomb is going to hit the USA between November 14 and the 18th. A computer that predicted the cost of Hurricane Katrina's damages ( and it predicted it right) predicted that this would happen. It freaked me and Hannah out very very much. I have so much coming up- the show, have to pay my phone bill, etc.-that it can't happen. Since 9/11 I've been freaked out about stuff like that. Of course there is a good chance it won't drop exactly on Lancaster (and that it won't happen at all). But it could. What would happen to the survivors? Would we be all mutated and have to become cannibals to survive? That would be crazy. I shouldn't keep panicking about this, but that's just the way I am. But computers can be wrong. Can they? Let's see what happens and in the meantime I will stock up on batteries and Powerade. I hung out w/ Nikki after work that day and thank God she kept the nuclear threat talk at a minimum. When I got to her house I parked in the middle of the street. I can't park on curbs well. I can't judge the distance right. I felt pretty embarrassed. We watched Finding Nemo. I had never seen it and had been criticized by everyone who found out. "What?! You haven't seen Finding Nemo?!" Needless to say I felt judged. But I liked it a lot. I was surprised. I thought I wouldn't like it because it's a kids movie and I'm not a kid anymore, but I liked it. I brought over turkey sandwiches that my dad made. I like turkey sandwiches too. Work this weekend wasn't too bad. I worked 4 to 8:30 on Saturday w/ Braden, Alex and Dagen. It was pretty busy. I also worked 4 to close on Sunday w/ Hannah. It was busy in the morning, but it wasn't that bad in the evening. I saw Randy, a regular who comes in that I talk to. Haven't seen him in a while. I also saw Lindsay everyday this weekend. I'm glad because I missed her. MMA news- I watched WEC 52 on Thursday and a lot of my picks were wrong- Swanson, Assuncao, Jabouin, and Njokuani all won, but the rest lost. Kind of bummed, but it's cool. Urijah Faber choked Mizagaki unconscious and Mizagaki looked dead. He was stiff as a board and all pale. It was scary because I really though he was dead, but he's okay. Thank God. I was sort of pulling for him to beat Faber, but I'm happy Faber got the win. he needed it badly. The Swanson-Semerizer fight was great. It was my favorite fight that night. And then on Saturday after work I watched UFC 122 and it was a great card. Siver, Sadollah, Krauss, Ludwig, and Matyushenko all won, but the rest of my picks lost. I'm not very good at picking fights. Okami beat Marquardt in a close fight. I was sort of pulling for Okami anyways. He will now get the winner of the Middleweight Championship fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort. The Ludwig-Osipczak fight was somewhat controversial, but Osipczak didn't really do anything w/ his take downs so I guess he really did lose the fight. Every fight they showed was really good- Dennis Siver's submission of Andre Winner was crazy. A lot of people were saying that this was a weak card, but who cares? Just because the fighters aren't as popular as other fighters, does that mean it's going to suck? No. It was pretty awesome. The only suck thing was that Alessio Sakara had to pull out of his fight because he had the flu and was throwing up backstage before the event started. I really wanted to see his fight w/ Rivera. Rivera is now fighting Michael Bisping on UFC 127. I hope Rivera can pull it out.



Feel better, man.
Pic from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Alessio-sakara.JPG


Yushin Okami
Pic from http://www.completemartialarts.com/whoswho/ufc/images/yushinokami.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment