About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And God Created Green Bibles

As I was walking to class this morning, a well dressed elderly gentleman handed me a green bible. I already got a green bible 2 years ago at MV, but for fear of him yelling at me and telling me I'm going to Hell, I accepted. I crossed the crosswalk and as I got closer to Roddy, another man tried to hand me a bible. I told him, "No. I already got one" and I continued on my way. I got to the Roddy building. Another man tried to give me a bible. He actually asked me if I wanted one instead of forcing it on me like the other two. It was nice of him. After I was done w/ class I walked outside and the same man who asked me if I wanted one earlier asked me if I wanted a bible again. He didn't remember me. I was devastated. No I wasn't. I'm just kidding. As I walked to the Mccomsey building, a fourth man tried to give me a bible and I told him, "No. I already got one." I wondered why they were giving out bibles? Is it a religious holiday? The Apocalypse? I'm not really religious ( but I'm not an atheist). My Mom was Catholic and my Dad was Lutheran, but they never tried to force religion on us. I've been yelled at because I've actually never even been to church. I'm not anti-religion at all. I can't say there is a God for sure, but I want there to be. Maybe I should start reading the bible. Maybe I could be saved... I had an exam today in my Modern Britain class. I studied yesterday. I studied in my car as I waited for my brother to get done w/ class ( I fell asleep though) and I studied some at work. It was slow that night. I think I did good on it. Maybe a low A or a high B. Maybe? I had my Asian philosophy class. It's a 2 hour and 50 minute class. It's quite long, but it is very interesting. We watched this movie called Harold And Maude. It was pretty good. We watch movies occasionally in that class. We watched Gandhi and Little Buddha earlier in the year. I liked Gandhi. I saw it in my Asian History class in 10th grade. I don't know about Little Buddha. It was directed by the guy who did Last Tango In Paris (one of my all time favorite movies), but it was just okay. Keanu Reeves played Siddhartha/Buddha and they tried to make him look Asian, but he ended up looking very feminine. I don't think he's that bad of an actor. He was in My Own Private Idaho and I thought he was very good in it, but I didn't really buy his accent in this one. Also Chris Issak plays the father in it. It's a really big role. I don't know why they gave it to him. He's not very good. The kids in the movie were kind of annoying too. Anyways, I liked Harold And Maude. I came home and talked to Hannah for a little bit. I'm still going through a huge Prince phase. I downloaded a bunch of his songs that sounded interesting and they're really good. "Graffiti Bridge" is my new jam. Seeya around, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment