About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Etc. Part 2: Dreamwarrior

Before work on Sunday I studied for my Problem Solving W/ Computers exam. Or at least I tried. I couldn't focus. A lot of the material on this exam was more harder to get your head around than the last exam. I worked a busy 4 to close shift w/ Nikki. I brought in Pearl Jam's amazing 2002 album Riot Act in to rock out to. I replayed it many times over the course of the night. When I got home I studied and picked up Seth from work. On Monday while I was taking my shower I noticed that a lot of my hair was falling out. I think I'm losing my hair. Now I have thought this before and it was just my imagination, but I think it's really happening. I can't go bald. I would totally kill myself if I ever did. I think I may be losing my hair due to stress, but I don't know. It's probably all in my head, but I don't know. I'm scured. I took my exam. I think I failed it. It was really hard. How the questions were worded just confused the shit out of me. And almost every list of answers had "all of the above" or "none of the above" as choices. Those really throw me off. I can't say how I did, but I know it's got to be bad. We're about the start WW1 in my Modern Britain class. I'm pretty excited about that. I like learning about war and stuff. After class I came home and the repairman was working on the dryer. It is finally fixed. Hallelujah. Rejoice. I had to go back to school a few hours later and pick up Seth. In the parking lot in front of his building I always park in the spaces w/ the yellow lines. I don't know if I'm supposed to park in those, but oh well. Traffic sucked on the way home. I ate pizza and then took a nap. Around 7 me and Seth drove to band practice. I didn't drive pass the turn this time. I'm proud of myself. We couldn't practice because there were dance classes upstairs so we just talked. I 'm still bummed out about the show, but everyone seems to have calmed down about it a bit. I wanted to bring up the flaws of the show, but I kept my mouth shut. Kirby, a friend of the band, joined us and after Red left, me, Seth. Dale and Kirby just shot the shit. It was cool just hanging out. Javan ran out of gas and Dale had to go "save" him so we all had to exit. I didn't make the wrong turn going home. Thank God. I'm proud of myself. Seth hung out w/ Jamie. While I was gone I looked up Holocaust and Hitler related articles on Wikipedia. I got really depressed after wards. I knew I would, but I looked it up anyways because I'm interested in war and stuff. The world is a  really fucked up place. Seth was telling me earlier about the atomic bomb that was dropped on Japan during WWII and that really depressed me too. Give a peace a chance, you know? At least that nuclear attack that was supposed to happen last week didn't happen. But I'm still kind of thinking about it...Today I drove Seth to class. I hung out in the library. I had nothing to do. It was pretty boring. I'm glad I have the next few days off for Thanksgiving. I took a nap after wards. Lindsay texted me and it woke me up. I decided to get up. I listened to music before work- mostly Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Skid Row, and some Madonna. On the way to work I listened to Sinead O' Connor's amazing I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got. I love that album. I also have Lion And The Cobra which is very good too. Her music is really good Winter music, probably because I got the album during the Christmas of 2003. I think she's underrated. Who cares if she's some bald, anti-Catholic, Pope-hating crazy woman? Listen to her music. It's awesome. I particularly like "Three Babies" (off of I Do Not Want...) and "Troy"( off of Lion And The Cobra). I worked 5:30 to close w/ Hannah. I brought in 2 other Pearl Jam albums- Ten and No Code. I listened to the ladder more, but I love both. When I was 11 Ten changed my life. Below you'll find a picture of Pearl Jam. I love them and always will. Sadly, while the music was great, the shift wasn't. It was extremely busy. I need to get a new job. I feel like I never have help and I can't do everything all by myself. But I'm home now. It feels good. It feels good. Seeya around. 


Pearl Jam- No Code/Merkinball/Yield lineup 

Pic from http://grungereport.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/pearljam90s.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment