About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Dead Skunk And The Working Class

On Monday as I drove into the parking lot at school I accidentally parked near a dead skunk. I shivered. I hate dead animals so much. Someone ran over his head. Gross. After classes were over I went back home and did a variety of things- checked out classes I can take next semester, looked up Pearl Jam tabs, found directions to get to Malburry Art Studio where our show is at so I can give them to Lindsay, etc. I'm a sophomore still and sophomores always have to pick classes last. It sucks. I also can't afford school right now so me and my parents have been looking at financial aid. My parents have been helping me so far, but it's getting too expensive. They jump the price up every semester. I hope I can find financial aid because I don't want to sit out again. I did that last semester and it was depressing. I need to start taking more classes because I want to graduate at least before I turn 25. I doubt that will happen, however, but I can dream. I wish I was rich. I drove back to school then and picked up Seth. I listened to the Strokes Is This It album on the way over there. I got the CD last year. I wasn't really into them when they first came out, but over the years I started liking them a lot. I love that CD. It's one of my favorites of all time. Their 2nd album Room On Fire is great too. I don't have their 3rd album. I heard it wasn't very good, but that's not the reason I didn't get it. I usually don't listen to critics. I just don't want it right now. I've also been listening to a lot of Pearl Jam. Mostly ladder day Pearl Jam- Yield, Binaural, Pearl Jam, and Backspacer. They're my favorite band of all time and they always will be. I tried to learn "Do The Evolution" on guitar, but it's pretty tricky. Anyways, I picked up Seth. He rented out movies from the school library for a class. He had to return them in 3 hours, but how is he going to watch 2 2 hour movies in 3 hours? So he just kept them all night. We had band practice and it went really well. I'm very excited for the show. It's only a few days away. When Dale was driving me and Seth home the car in front of us was driving on the wrong side of the road. It was funny. Today I took Seth to class. I saw the dead skunk again. It got even more destroyed. You would think someone would move it or get rid of it. I guess that's Mother Nature's job. I studied for an exam in the library. It was raining out. Seth had a library fine of 9 dollars for not returning the movies. He went to get change and when he came back 2 different librarians told him that because it was his first fine he didn't have to pay it. He was sort of pissed. We went to FYE after school so he could pick up a Bruce Springsteen B sides album. He wanted to get the new Darkness On The Edge Of Town box set, but it was 100 bucks. How can someone who speaks for the working class make their albums so expensive? How can the working class afford it? I have no idea. All I know is John Mellencamp would never do that to his fans. I slept when I got home and then I went to work. I worked 5:30 to close w/ Connor and it was very very very busy. It was terrible. I helped the dishwasher Brandon catch up. He had so many dishes. I felt like I did a good deed. After work it was raining hard. I took out some money at the ATM and went to get gas for the second time this week 45 bucks in 3 days. Too much for gas. Oh well. I really hope I don't see/smell that skunk tomorrow. Maybe Mother Nature will do her damn job for once. I shouldn't be mean. She tries her best. It's hard being in the working class these days, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment