About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Alien Vs. Velociraptor And Other Scary Things


Pic from http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/jurassicpark/Velociraptor-DinoStrike-Front.jpg

Pic from http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/03/30/boys-neca-classic-alien-7-inch-action-figure_1845471_175.jpg

If a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park and an alien from the movie Aliens would fight who would win? I like Jurassic Park better than Aliens. I was obsessed w/ that movie and it's sequel back in the day. So I would love if the Velociraptor would win, but it would lose. Even if the raptor would get some good bites out of the alien, the alien oozes acid as a self defense mechanism and the raptor would be burned and probably die from the injuries. The alien also has regular arms while the raptor has those teeny tiny arms. The alien has a significant reach advantage and they also have several mouths too. And even if the raptor would somehow kill the alien, the alien would put a host in his body and it would burst out of the raptor's chest and he would die. The raptor could win the battle, but always lose the war. The alien has more ways to win and the raptor basically has no chance. And if the raptor would fight against the Queen Alien? They would be murdered. That thing was huge. But if they were on a spaceship fighting the raptor could always try to kick it out into space. You may be wondering why I'm talking about this. I have two action figures- one of the Velociraptor and one of the alien-on a table in my room and sometimes when I'm really really bored I make them fight each other. I also have a toy of Homer Simpson on the table, but he doesn't fight. I'm also talking about this because it's Halloween (well, technically it's not. It's tomorrow, but I don't think I'll have time to write a blog that day). The first 3 Alien movies and Jurassic Park and Lost World: Jurassic Park still scare me. I only saw parts of Alien Resurrection, but I saw it in Spanish and it was really funny. Sometimes I think about those movies in the shower and I get freaked out and I'm afraid to open the shower curtain because I'm afraid I'm going to be attacked by a Velociraptor. Those movies maybe more sci-fi than horror, but I don't really like horror that much. Some of it is pretty stupid. Like Child's Play 3. It's stupid, but at least it's funny. The Fly II is really funny/bad too. Me, Seth and a bunch of my friends watched it on Halloween 4 years ago because we wanted to watch a really bad movie. I had seen it before on AMC over the summer and I thought it would be a good choice. We just made fun of it the whole time, kind of like the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 did when they would make fun of bad movies. I saw the remake of Halloween with Lindsay 3 years ago and that was kind of messed up- like the scene where the kid is beaten to death w/ a big ass stick. And any movie with Kiss "God Of Thunder" in it can't be that bad. Right? I liked Bram Stoker's Dracula. I remember seeing it when I was like 5 or 6 and every time the weird sex scenes would come on my parents would tell me to turn around. It was pretty funny, but I saw it a few years ago again and I liked it, but it wasn't scary. Same thing w/ Silence Of The Lambs, etc. I like this one movie called Naked Lunch. I guess it's not really a horror movie, but there are typewriters that turn into talking bugs and a guy turns into a giant centipede and tears this one dude's skin off. That was kind of messed up. I think the Friday the 13th movies are  funny, but then again I've only seen a few parts form several different ones (which i guess is kind of like seeing one whole film of the series). I also liked Twilight Zone: The Movie a lot back in the day. Some of it was creepy, but I guess it really wasn't horror. Ecspecially that one segment about these old guys playing kick the can. What's scary about that?  I think the T Rex gets a bad wrap in the Jurassic Park movies. They're all afraid of him in the first one and want to avoid him, but they're too thankful for him to be there to eat those 2 raptors at the end so they can be saved. And in the 2nd one where he goes to NYC ( I think that was the city). In real life would he really start destroying the place and eating that one dude and that dog? I think he would be more confused than anything. Maybe he would try to scratch his head in confusion with those little arms. And it's not his fault he keeps stepping on all those cars. He's a T Rex. Give him some slack. I have no idea what I'm talking about. So that is my ode of sorts to Halloween. Here's some pics/a video of some scary things and I hope you enjoy. Seeya around.





This Next Beatles?



Pic from http://www.heyrube.com/images/mgd288.jpg




Herman Munster















Pic from http://www.sophiethedog.com/116/images/herman4.jpg


Clark Nova of Naked Lunch Fame. Clark Nova's My Friend.








Pic from http://media.photobucket.com/image/clark%20nova/rhabdoviridae/clarknova.jpg



Blacula

















Pic from http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/BlaculaPoster.jpg

Video of La Parka vs. Goldberg from WCW back in the day. I used to love WCW wrestling and isn't La Parka pretty scary looking? No. But his dancing is pretty funny. 
La Parka Vs. Goldberg 

No comments:

Post a Comment