About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm A Little Sad These Days...

Pic from http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2008/11/ufc_91_gabriel_gonzaga_vs_josh_1.html

I'm a little sad these days. Gabriel Gonzaga was cut from the UFC. Kind of sucks. I know that he could never beat the top guys in the heavyweight division and yeah he may always be remembered for his head kick KO victory over Mirko Cro-Cop ( which I saw when the event was airing live and it was crazy) But I've seen many of the fights that he won and they may have been against lesser competition, but he was always exciting. I like his submission wins against Justin Mccully and Carmelo Marrero in particular. I know that he should have used his BJJ more in his fights, but his hands are good. He rocked Shane Carwin before getting knocked out himself. I don't know. I just hope that he gets picked up by Strikeforce or some other promotion and show off his skills there because I know that he has them. Maybe he'll be able to get back in the UFC someday and win the championship. I will always believe in Gabriel Gonzaga. Always.

One of Gonzaga's Early Fights:
Gabriel Gonzaga Vs. Branden Lee Hinkle

Also the UFC and the WEC are merging. I'm kind of upset about that too. WEC events are always free and now that it won't be around anymore I would have to buy the pay per view. The WEC always puts on great cards and it sucks I won't see them anymore. Plus many UFC fighters will be cut to make room for the WEC fighters and vice versa. They should have just kept them seperate. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment