About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Friday, October 29, 2010

A Very Purple Trick -Or -Treat

Pic from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiMCmG2uAVbShEs-5nkGYz_hebUtz59H7gzI07nkFOHY8X8pyQrLLWx949vJuYVQr5vuy8hCjzkiG-QRQu4hvukSPaBqxefJP6wtQNYzl6GDwli-3OKAPV039xp_b2WRKKtW0xmE0ZB86U/s400/shika.jpg

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. But it was my fault I guess. It seems easier to blame others so I guess I'll start doing that in the future. After class I took a nap, but I had to take Seth to school. I had work at 5:30. I closed w/ Nikki. It was slow due to the fact that it was Trick-Or-Treat. I brought in The Misfits and a mix of Prince songs because I promised Nikki that I would many months ago, but never did. The Misfits are a good band to listen to during late October. Me and Seth were rocking out to their Static Age album while we were driving to school. All their songs are about monsters and horror movies so it makes sense to listen to them on Trick- or -Treat/Halloween, but I'm really in a Prince phase right now. I love his Gold Experience album that he released under the symbol he changed his name to. Every computer should have the symbol as one of the keys. Last Sunday me and Nikki tried to draw it on our dry erase board in the salad bar area, but it didn't look right. We had it backwards. I couldn't put all my favorite songs on the mix. No "Sexy M.F." or "7" or "Endorphinmachine" or "Shy" or "Pink Cashmere", but it did have "When Doves Cry", "When You Were Mine", "Sign O' The Times", "Strange Attraction", etc. I also put some of my favorite Prince guitar solos on there- the solos on "Shhh", "I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man", "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?", "I Hate U", and "Dolphin" are seriousally amazing. In high school there was a friend of mine who said Prince wasn't a very good guitar player. I got personally offended. Prince is amazing. His solos are really melodic. I like when guitarists just shred, but Prince makes his solos very catchy sounding. Weezer does that too and I love their guitar solos, but this blog isn't about Weezer. It's about Prince. I'm listening to his Chaos And Disorder album right now ( another album under his symbol moniker) and it's really good. Underrated in my opinion. So yeah work was fun today. Fake fighting w/ Nikki, checking out her new sound system in her car which is crazy loud ( some people like a lot of bass), rocking out to Prince and The Misfits, etc. Lindsay worked today too and she told me she got another job. She was going to school for medical billing and coding and now she has a job in that field. I'm really proud of her and she seems like she really likes it which is really cool. Now I got to think about what I'm going to do w/ my future..........That can wait. I'm just going to rock out to Prince for now (or beat up treat-or-treaters for candy. I haven't decided it yet.). I included some pics and videos of the man himself. Hope you enjoy. Seeya around.







I really really really want that suit








Pic from http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21303846/sn/319530129/name/n_a

Pic form http://www.drfunkenberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/prince-symbol-red.jpg

Prince Videos:
Prince ( technically the Artist)- I Hate U 
Prince- Thieves In The Temple 
Prince- Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
Madonna f/ Prince- Love Song 

No comments:

Post a Comment