About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Very First Blog: School, Sleep, and Rock N' Roll (Sort Of)

I'm doing this blog for a class so I don't really know what I should write about. I've never blogged before, but I guess I will describe what happened to me today. I woke up. I didn't eat breakfast. Me and my brother Seth drove to Millersville. It was the first time I had driven to school in a while. My car had around 2,000 dollars worth of problems and it stayed in the shop for a while. Thank God a lot of it was covered under warranty. My dad had been driving me, my 2 brothers and my mom around for quite a few weeks. I'm glad I got my car back and his stress level can go back to normal. I went to the library and tried to finish this book called Hard Times for one of my classes. I barley read though. Too tired. Couldn't focus. I then went to my problem solving with computers class where I created this blog you are reading right now. I thought it would be hard, but it was pretty easy. I came home and I took a nap. It was a really good nap, too. I woke up and I drove my brother to Barnes And Noble where he dropped off an application. My friend Nate texted me. He wanted to hang out. I said sure, but first I had to go to band practice. Sweet lady rock n' roll was calling. Me, my drummer Red and Seth ( who plays guitar and sings) drove to band practice. We have a place downtown where we practice. Red blared Obsession from his car. They're some metal band I never heard of, but they sounded pretty good. The place that we rent has dance classes on weekdays. They're usaully practicing on days we're not there. Sadly, they were practicing on this particular day so we couldn't practice at all because our music would bleed through to the upstairs floor where the dancers were. Me, Red, Seth and Dale ( our other singer/guitarist) just stayed in our room and hung out. We were pissed. We wanted to rock out. We couldn't. We were going to plug in anyways, but we didn't want to be a bunch of jackasses so we stayed quiet. Russian folk dance (or whatever it was) defeating Rock n' Roll? What? Anyways, Red left and Javen and the drummer from his band Sickpritty then came over and hung out with us. Javen lives across the hall from us. We talked about music, etc. I came home and called Nate a few times, but he didn't pick up. It sucked, but it's alright. I then went on the internet and worked on this blog that you are reading now while listening to Sunny Day Real Estate and Jimmy Eat World. They are 2 very respectable bands. It was a pretty good day. The whole Russian folk dancing ( or whatever it was) defeating Rock n' Roll thing was kind of a downer, but it's cool. Hope you enjoyed reading about my day as I enjoyed writing about it. Seeya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment