About Me

My photo
My name is Sean. I'm 22. I go to Millersville University. I'm a sophmore and currently undeclared, but I'm leaning towards being either an English or History major. After school I would like to write novels. I like to write short stories, but I never seem to finish them. I have many hobbies. I like to listen to music. Some of my favorite bands are Pearl Jam, The Smiths, Saves The Day, Morrissey, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Brand New, Face To Face, Coheed And Cambria, Depeche Mode, The Strokes, Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Neil Young, No Doubt, Prince, Megadeth etc. In addition to listening to music, I play music. I play the guitar and I play the bass guitar in the band Kill Big Riggs or KBR for short. I like to watch movies. I like Marlon Brando a lot and Harvey Keitel. Some of my favorite movies are Magnolia, Pulp Fiction, Ghost World, Mean Streets, Foxy Brown, Rushmore, Who's That Knocking At My Door?, Edward Scissorhands, and On The Waterfront. I also like to hang out with friends and family. I like to draw. I really like Pablo Picasso's artwork. I like to watch TV. I like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Strangers With Candy, and Home Movies. I also like to watch mixed martial arts with my brother.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just Like Giving Birth (The Couch Story)

The past few days have been the usual- Monday band practice ( with an adventure to Wal Mart after wards) and Tuesday work. I also got my hair cut on Tuesday. I go to the Sheer Shack. They do good work. Yesterday after class I helped Nate move some of his things out of his apartment. He's moving out because he can't afford the rent anymore. I drove over to his place. There was so much traffic. I'm usaully not impatient while I'm on the road, but I was on that day. I listened to a Jimi Hendrix CD. I kind of had to because it got stuck in my car stereo. My stereo has been doing that a lot lately. I hate it. I got to his place. We went upstairs to his attic. He wanted to get this couch downstairs so he could take it back to Salvation Army. He compared getting the couch down the steps to giving birth. I guess the attic would be the womb and well I guess I don't have to go any further. I think you get the drift. We got the couch down most of the way until it got stuck. Half of the couch was hanging out of the doorway. We just couldn't get the rest down. A lot of the couch was stuck behind the railing. We tried to get it out, but we couldn't. In trying to get this huge couch down, we accidentally knocked the door down, chipped up the walls and hit the powerbox which is on one of the side of the walls of the attic. It created a spark of electrictiy and scared the crap out of both of us. We smelled something burning after wards, but everything was okay. The couch just wouldn't get down. We tried pulling at it, kicking it, etc. He knew that the couch could fold in, but the levers were not working. After many times trying and many breaks in between, we decided to take the railings off. That would give us enough space to get the couch the rest of the way down. Nate got a screwdriver and took all the nails out. After we did that, the couch became looser and we easily took it down the rest of the steps. My body was very soar, but I felt like I got a real workout in. We decided to leave the couch in his dining room instead of trying to get it out to his dad's van. I don't want to see that couch ever again. I hate that thing. It was such a pain in the ass. We took a few more things ( chairs, lamps, etc.) and loaded them up into Nate's dad's van. We took all of these things to Salvation Army. We dropped his van off at his parents house and he drove me back to his place in his car. Again there was no gas in it, but we got home. I'm going to miss Nate's apartment. It's a really nice place. In other news: Patrick Cote was cut from the UFC. I expected it, but I was still kind of bummed. Seth told me not to worry because Cote's been cut many times before and then brought back. He'll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment